Hard to decide between Kodiaq and 5008

Pankh

Banned
I know this is a Skoda forum but I have a hard time to decide. I feel like the Kodiaq feels like a car, but the 5008 does not have as standard.

I would love the pick the Kodiaq but I feel like I am buying a car that lacks all the fun tech and gadgets that the 5008 provides.

Can someone give me some points to keep me on track with the Kodiaq or any other opinions?

elsinga

Forumguru
My two most important features when choosing the Kodiaq over teh 5008: space and towing wigth (the 5008 can tow but the weight of the 5008+ trailer is much lower than the max combined weigth... so towing max will need te 5008 to be empty...).

Racer01

Infotainment on the Peugeot is just rubbish!
Looks nice and all but it's everything but logical. A simple adjust of the sound system is just 10 level deep in the menu. The navigation is not flexibel at all, etc.

hemi24

Forumguru
Choose a Peugeot!
You’ll only make this mistake once... :banghead:

Quality of build is very poor when you compare a Peugeot to a Skoda.
So spend your money wise and go for the Kodiaq!

Duijzer

Donateur
At the side of sustainability: how many Peugeot 308 SW's are sold in , let say, 2004-2005? And how many Octavia's? Look around on the road, you still see many Octavia's of that years, but a 308 SW is a curiosity.......
And that's not because of people like the design so much they put them in shacks and keep them....

CharlesTucker

Forumguru
I am curious if you asked the same question on a Peugeot forum, and got completely opposite advice ;).

But, somewhat more serious, I am driving a fairly loaded Octavia, and not missing any gadgets or fun-tech. Skoda's, like Volkwagen, might at first sight appear somewhat dull compared to the French cars (Peugeot, Citroen), but once driving them you will notice it "just works". For me personally, in the showroom I might pick the Peugeot, because I somewhat like the looks, inside and outside, but for actually using it (which I guess is your intention as well), no doubts the Skoda. So my advice, look a bit beyond the showroom, try to imagine driving it for a long time, difficult that may be though. The tech might look cute, but does it actually work in an intuitive way, while busy negotiating busy traffic?

s-line

Forumguru
Maar smaak heeft hij wel! Dat moet ik wel toegeven:nailbiting::tongue: alhoewel ik de 5008 persoonlijk minder mooi vind dan de 3008. En zelf heb ik de ruimte sowieso niet nodig

Bovenaan Onderaan