MW on radio

fredro

Nieuw lid
Hello ,

In the manual it says the Kodiaq has 3 bands , FM , DAB and MW . When I look for the MW I can not find it , can someone help me please ?

Regards ,

Fredro.

Jooo...

Forumguru
Hello!

Normally when you press the radio button it switches from fm to mw.

In my octavia is it like this so i think there is not a big difference.

And like @andrehj said you can look at the briskoda forum. It is completely english. Maybe you can find other tips in the language you speak.

Greetings

fredro

Nieuw lid
HI ,

My Kodiaq is new as of yesterday , just got back from delers and I am informed the MW/AM functie is removed from new models , this is down to the DAM function . Now my question is can I receive English stations on DAB in the Netherlands.

Thanks for any direction you can offer .

Huibdos

Dear Fredro, (aangepast :)
It would be appreciated when you introduce yourself in the 'Meet and Greet' topic.

Laatst bewerkt:

fredro

Nieuw lid
Hi Huibdos ,

My sincere excuse for this incident , I am a complete newbie to this arena and did not see the header of " meet & Greet" .
Just scrolled through and unfortunately can not see it , any direction would be appreciated .

Hartelijk Bedankt .

Fredro and not Fredo ................minor detail , toch !

elsinga

Forumguru
I can turn off MW/AM reception on my radio in my Octavia though the menu. Maybe you can turn it on there on yours?

fredro

Nieuw lid
Dear all ,

Appreciate all the comments , however I believe I'll be going down the route that hemi24 suggested and stream it , tested on phone today and it was a very good reception .

Thanks one and all .

Fredro.

elsinga

Forumguru
Ifff we activate AM the MW come's with it?

AM is the modulation (Amplitude Modulation), MW the frequency band (Mittel Welle, german for Middengolf, or 522kHz tot 1602 kHz). Just like FM (Frequency Modulation) is associated in cars/radio's with 87.5(or 76) MHz to 108 Mhz, but FM is used on lots of different frequency bands (27MHZ CB, 10m/2m/70cm HAM Radio to name a few).

So, basically, in a car radio, AM means MW.

Bovenaan Onderaan