Deutschland Rally

Hallo Skoda freaks.. ik las op het forum dat er wat meer leven in deze rally sectie moet komen. Nou als nieuw lid en echte rallyfanaat doe ik mee. Over twee weken begint de Deutschland Rally weer. Ik ben er een paar keer geweest, en het is een fantastisch evenement. In deze threat kunnen we de rally volgen. Ik heb toegang tot de Skoda perssite dus ik hou jullie op de hoogte.

1e bericht

Press Release
Display date: 19-8-2005
ASPHALT BECKONS AS ŠKODA MOTORSPORT HEADS FOR GERMANY AND ‘THREE DIFFERENT RALLIES IN ONE EVENT’

Three-car entry for Škoda Motorsport as WRC returns to asphalt at Rallye Deutschland

Armin Schwarz, Alex Bengué and Jan Kopecký drive the Fabia WRC 05

Three completely different styles of roads characterise this demanding event

The Škoda Motorsport World Rally Team heads to Rallye Deutschland (August 25-28) with a three-car entry. Armin Schwarz/Klaus Wicha lead the team on their home event while Alex Bengué/Caroline Escudero line up in the second car for the first time since Monte Carlo. A third Fabia WRC 05 will be driven by Czech Rally Champions Jan Kopecký/Filip Schovánek.

Rallye Deutschland is the 11th round of the 2005 World Rally Championship but is only the second asphalt event of the season. It is also one of the hardest to master as the characteristics of the stages change dramatically each day. From narrow and twisting roads through the Mosel vineyards to the fast and unrelenting military roads of Baumholder to the flowing stages in the Saarland region, this is an event where drivers and cars must be at their most versatile. The weather is also often a factor and the roads can be completely dry or treacherously slippery.

Armin said: “This is obviously a very important rally for me but although it’s my home event I always try to treat it just like any other. The difference in the stages means that you have to adapt very quickly to changing conditions and changing surfaces. It is almost three rallies in one but luckily the Fabia WRC 05 is very flexible.”

Alex said: “I like this rally very much because it is different every day but if the weather is wet then it is very difficult. It will be important for me to be quick from the start because I haven’t driven in the WRC since Monte Carlo and I don’t know the speed of my opponents but I hope the gap is very close!”

Jan said: “I’m looking forward to the rally very much because I always like driving the Fabia WRC 05. I am hoping that the weather is good and my aim is to drive quickly, safely and be at the finish.”

Head of the Škoda Motorsport World Rally Team, Martin Muehlmeier, said: “Germany is a big market for the Škoda brand and so this is a very important rally for us. We saw better reliability in Finland, we have a very strong driver line-up for this rally and we’ve done a lot of testing in the past few weeks.”

Hier de update van de eerste dag Deutschland Rallye. Skoda met Schwartz staat op een redelijke 9e plaats.

ADAC Rallye Deutschland

End of Leg 1

DRIVER/CO-DRIVER TEAM TIME

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1 LOEB/ELENA CITROEN TOTAL 1:09:54.0

2 DUVAL/SMEETS CITROEN TOTAL +00:11.7

3 GRÖNHOLM/RAUTIAINEN MARLBORO PEUGEOT TOTAL +01:11.5

4 SOLBERG/MILLS SUBARU WORLD RALLY TEAM +02:25.1

5 GARDEMEISTER/HONKANEN BP FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM +02:31.0

6 KRESTA/MOZNY BP FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM +02:37.2

7 MARTIN/PARK MARLBORO PEUGEOT TOTAL +02:44.5

8 GALLI/DAMORE MITSUBISHI MOTORS MOTOR SPORTS +02:51.5

9 SCHWARZ/WICHA SKODA MOTORSPORT +03:33.6

10 SOLA/AMIGO COLON BP FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM +03:33.8

11 ROVANPERA/PIETILAINEN MITSUBISHI MOTORS MOTOR SPORTS +04:06.6

12 PONS/DEL BARRIO XSARA WRC +04:35.9

Hier een eerste foto:

Alexandre Bengue and Caroline Escudero / Škoda Fabia WRC05 on Shake Down

Bijlagen

• 7110-sp_3517.jpg
    7110-sp_3517.jpg
    78,5 KB · Weergaven: 13
Als er meer Skoda liefhebbers zijn geinterreseerd zal ik graag meer posten van het WRC team in de rally's.

Laat het ff weten.

Exciter

Administrator
Als ik er niet op antwoord, betekent het nog niet, dat ik het niet lees...

Gewoon doorgaan joh, daar hebben wij hier toch deze rubriek voor aangemaakt.
Ik lees het in ieder geval met veel Plezier!

/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dutch4x4

9e en sneller dan Rovanperä (okee, geen asfaltkoning)? Hmm, voorwaar niet slecht. Schwarz wil de laatste keer natuurlijk iets moois laten zien.

Dank voor de update! Mooie foto van Bengué...

Zo'n mooie auto moet toch nog sneller kunnen. /forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Laatste persbericht :

The event began last night in Trier where thousands of rally fans gathered to wave the crews off despite a heavy rain storm. Happily the rain has now moved on and today’s six stages were run in mainly dry conditions with just a few wet areas under the trees.

Tomorrow’s leg features six stages in the military training area at Baumholder where large concrete tank traps (known as ‘hinkelsteins’) line the stages and have all-too frequently caused problems for drivers who make even the slightest error. The day concludes with a spectator stage at St Wendel, bringing the stage distance to 145.94kms.

Quotes:

Armin Schwarz: “I couldn’t get the car working properly this morning but we solved the problem in service. This afternoon was good and we set two top 10 times but Baumholder could suit us better.”

Jan Kopecký: “The stages are lined with hundreds of Czech fans waving flags and cheering. Maybe 30% are Czechs. There is a fantastic atmosphere and we must thank them all for giving us this support.”

Alex Bengue: “I am really upset at my mistake. We cut a hairpin near the end of the stage and the bank on the inside pushed the car into a spin. We ended up in the vineyard with a very steep slope back to the road. The spectators tried to help but it was too steep and we had to stop. The car was completely undamaged and we drove it back to service ourselves.”

Martin Muehlmeier (Head of Škoda Motorsport): “We had hoped for a good result from Alex so it was disappointing to lose him through a small driving error. He will not continue in SupeRally as the roads here are not typical of the other asphalt events in the championship and so it will be better to save the car and use it for a more realistic test later in the season. There is a long way to go so we can still get a good finish from one of our other drivers.”

--------------

Klassement :

ADAC Rallye Deutschland

Overall after SS10

1 LOEB/ELENA CITROEN TOTAL 2:07:59.1

2 DUVAL/SMEETS CITROEN TOTAL +00:26.3

3 GRÖNHOLM/RAUTIAINEN MARLBORO PEUGEOT TOTAL +01:31.3

4 MARTIN/PARK MARLBORO PEUGEOT TOTAL +03:20.6

5 SOLA/AMIGO COLON BP FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM +04:01.1

6 GALLI/DAMORE MITSUBISHI MOTORS MOTOR SPORTS +04:11.7

7 KRESTA/MOZNY BP FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM +04:31.4

8 SARRAZIN/GIRAUDET SUBARU WORLD RALLY TEAM +06:43.1

9 ROVANPERA/PIETILAINEN MITSUBISHI MOTORS MOTOR SPORTS +06:45.5

10 SOLBERG/MILLS SUBARU WORLD RALLY TEAM +06:55.8

11 PONS/DEL BARRIO XSARA WRC +06:59.7

12 KOPECKY/SCHOVANEK SKODA Fabia WRC +07:12.7

Schwartz is eruit vanwege een kapotte motor.

Nog ff een plaatje vlak voordat ie uitviel:

Alexandre Bengue and Caroline Escudero / Škoda Fabia WRC05

Bijlagen

• 7183-sp_3519.jpg
    7183-sp_3519.jpg
    88,9 KB · Weergaven: 12
En het laatste nieuws aan het einde van dag 2:

DAC Rallye Deutschland

End of Leg 2

1 LOEB/ELENA CITROEN TOTAL 2:34:44.3

2 DUVAL/SMEETS CITROEN TOTAL +00:27.9

3 GRÖNHOLM/RAUTIAINEN MARLBORO PEUGEOT TOTAL +01:47.7

4 MARTIN/PARK MARLBORO PEUGEOT TOTAL +03:44.8

5 KRESTA/MOZNY BP FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM +04:55.4

6 GALLI/DAMORE MITSUBISHI MOTORS MOTOR SPORTS +04:57.8

7 SARRAZIN/GIRAUDET SUBARU WORLD RALLY TEAM +07:04.3

8 SOLA/AMIGO COLON BP FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM +07:18.3

9 SOLBERG/MILLS SUBARU WORLD RALLY TEAM +07:21.3

10 ROVANPERA/PIETILAINEN MITSUBISHI MOTORS MOTOR SPORTS +07:44.5

11 KOPECKY/SCHOVANEK SKODA Fabia WRC +07:53.3

12 PONS/DEL BARRIO XSARA WRC +08:07.5

13 ATKINSON/McNEAL SUBARU WORLD RALLY TEAM +09:45.4

In de eindstand. Helaas geen succes voor Skoda. The last active Fabia WRc of Kopecky crashed out..leaving the team with a scratch result. :(

ADAC Rallye Deutschland

End of Leg 3

1 LOEB/ELENA CITROEN TOTAL 3:27:13.2

2 DUVAL/SMEETS CITROEN TOTAL +00:37.4

3 GRÖNHOLM/RAUTIAINEN MARLBORO PEUGEOT TOTAL +02:04.8

4 MARTIN/PARK MARLBORO PEUGEOT TOTAL +04:09.4

5 GALLI/DAMORE MITSUBISHI MOTORS MOTOR SPORTS +05:03.6

6 KRESTA/MOZNY BP FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM +05:12.3

7 SOLBERG/MILLS SUBARU WORLD RALLY TEAM +07:48.1

8 SARRAZIN/GIRAUDET SUBARU WORLD RALLY TEAM +08:34.1

9 PONS/DEL BARRIO XSARA WRC +09:09.2

10 ROVANPERA/PIETILAINEN MITSUBISHI MOTORS MOTOR SPORTS +09:11.6

11 ATKINSON/McNEAL SUBARU WORLD RALLY TEAM +10:33.0

12 SOLA/AMIGO COLON BP FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM +16:43.1

Skoda apersberichten :
RALLYE DEUTSCHLAND – FINAL NEWS

Jan Kopecký denied a Top 10 finish by final morning accident in the Škoda Fabia WRC 05

Alex Bengue and Armin Schwarz both retire after crashing off the road

Busy times for Škoda Motorsport as Colin McRae begins preparations for WRC return

Jan Kopecký’s Rallye Deutschland ended this morning when the Czech Rally Champion slid off the road into a tree near the end of the third stage. The Fabia WRC 05 suffered damage to the left rear and he was unable to continue. On the opening stage of the

day Jan had set eighth fastest time and was sixth on the next stage, moving into ninth place overall as a result.

The two other Škoda Motorsport World Rally Team drivers, Alex Bengue and Armin Schwarz both retired from the event, Alex after leaving the road at a tricky corner on the third stage and Armin with engine damage caused by his crash on SS8.

The World Rally Championship stays in Europe for round 12, Rally GB, where Colin McRae will return to the series for the first time in 18 months. The 1995 World Champion has a busy test schedule ahead of him as he acquaints himself with the Fabia WRC 05 ahead of his home event. The news of McRae’s return has prompted a massive increase in interest for the British round with the organisers reporting a 21% increase in ticket sales in the 10 days since Škoda Motorsport confirmed his entry.

Quotes:

Jan Kopecký: “The set up of the car was great today and I was feeling very confident. We were not pushing hard but were trying to drive our own rally. Perhaps I wasn’t concentrating enough or I misunderstood Filip but I was too late on the brakes and we slid wide into a tree. It was my first mistake on this event but it was a costly one.”

Martin Muehlmeier (Head of Škoda Motorsport): “Despite not finishing the rally we can draw positive conclusions that our car performed much closer to our expectations in Germany. The retirements were all caused by driver error rather than technical problems. Our team worked very hard to keep Armin in the rally after his accident but the engine damage was beyond our control. Jan drove exceptionally well but his accident was just one of the things can happen in rallying. We are looking forward very much to working with Colin McRae next month and it is exciting to see the level of interest in our new team.”

Dutch4x4

Tsjonge, als Duval zo makkelijk tweede wordt, dan heeft Loeb echt met tien vingers in de neus gereden. Wat een overmacht...

Bovenaan Onderaan