Cruise control & Steering wheel retrofit

mcosti

Nieuw lid
Hello guys. I hope you don't mind me speaking in English, but I guess Google Translate would be even worse.

I just bought a Skoda Fabia 2 BZG, 2008. It has the new MFD(isplay) and I was wondering if there is anyone in NL who is willing to help me retrofit cruise control on it(I will pay, of course). I found this piece that seems to fit:

https://www.auto-onderdelen24.nl/va...efiIWv8kzh67m_AH6LxgFg0WtuBm77Ru87qX-6Cqvfp38

But I saw that there are some cables that needs to be rewired (on some Russian video from Youtube). I have changed some things on my car so far, but I never mingled around the steering wheel/airbag.

The second question is: Is there any steering wheel that has controls/buttons on it and doesn't need a different airbag?

Thanks guys.

EdK

Forumguru
Don't now where you live in Holland
But i think that VAG Techniek the best is for this to do !
They build it in and program also and after a hour wait you drive away on CC

On my old VW Caddy the dealer told me that it was not possible to build it in
After a email with Vagtechniek i get the answer that it was no problem and the next week they build it in into a hour !

https://www.vagtechniek.nl/garage/prijslijst/cruise-control/polo-9n/

mcosti

Nieuw lid
I live in Amsterdam, but I am willing to go 50-100km. But I worry that one of these garages might charge a ton of money

mcosti

Nieuw lid
Oké, ik gebruik Google Translate. Ik ben op zoek naar een bepaalde die bereid is om de operatie uit te voeren

Timmer

Donateur
Retrofitting isn't that hard, if you know what you're doing. I have retrofitted (on vw's) mfsw, gateways, ...
i have no expierence (yet) on skoda as this is my first one.
I don't know what modules are present in your car, but cruise control was not that expensive when i wanted the retrofit done by the vw dealer on my mk5 golf, i think somewhere around €500 (this was back in 2010, so prices may have changed).

it takes a fair amount of research and finding out what is fitted already in your car, and then buying the parts needed.
Kufatec is a good company to buy from, but there are cheaper alternatives if you look for them (ebay for example if you know what parts you need).

if you feel you are not up to this, the best option is to contact a shop, but like you said, they might ask for a decent price.

EdK

Forumguru
But I worry that one of these garages might charge a ton of money
The pricelist is on the website by VAGTechniek
And if you call them they can after they now excact what car you have the price
And then you didn't pay no more then they comfirm you on phone or mail

If you have a dutch licence plate then send that in a mail then they can look on the RDW site for the information of the car !

The price they gif me bij mail for the caddy was the excact price i pay and no more or less
And if i look good on the website of vagtechniek then you pay €299,00 for material / build in and program the CC

Bovenaan Onderaan